Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Remembering...

In July, I attended my grandmother's funeral. I had the pleasure of going out to take care of her for several days a month before she died. One of my fondest memories was that of the lemon pie I made while we were there. I didn't know that it was one of her favorites. I simply made it because I could recall the ingredients from memory while I was picking up things at the grocery store. Over the next few days, Grandma and I ate the whole pie! I joked with her that we weren't going to be sharing that pie with anyone! And, after we polished off the last piece, we took this photo of us with the empty pie plate....



At her funeral, there was a slideshow of all sorts of pictures of Grandma. I fell in love with this one. It was so artsy and special and showed my grandparents so full of youth. It's going to be a fun one to scrap!!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

VERY sweet picture. That's a real treasure!

ThereIsNoSecretIngredient said...

That's a great pic. Vallejos was here.

Marge said...

What a beautiful treasure! And how blessed you are to have it. :)