Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Christmas Morning

Yes, I know.  It's been ages since I have posted.  I have been insane!  Here is a portion of my to-do list from the past several days...

-Taking down the Christmas tree (if you remember, I take it down ornament by ornament per the lists that I keep!) (400 ornaments!!)
-Taking down the Christmas Village that covers three scrapbooking tables!!!
-Painting Ryan's bathroom. We're starting potty training and thought a new bathroom would help him. He and Annie have always shared the bathroom in Annie's room. 'His' bathroom has always been disgusting. Old wallpaper half torn off the walls. The kitty box in there. Blech! But now it's beautiful.
-Painting the guest room. Same as above. It's always been so blech. I painted it 'Iced Tea' and got rid of some furniture. I'm going to buy some frames and put pretty scrapbooking paper in them to decorate!
-Learning this new Mac and trying to get things transferred over.
-All the usual After-Christmas return shopping
-Getting all the January kits shipped out
-Getting a new battery for my car
-Getting Emissions testing on my car
-Still trying to get the stain out of the carpet from the water leaks that we had
-Taking care of Annie who has strep.
-Actually getting a couple of pages done

And those are just the bigger things!  I have had a little bit of fun playing with the mac (more on that below).  Here's a little 'movie' that I created.

It is from Christmas Morning.  Christmas was soooo nice this year!  We spent the evening of the 23rd with my stepmom.  We usually do this on the 24th, but the kids always end up overtired from all the excitement.  So, this year, we did it early.  Which left us the 24th to just relax.  That evening, we watched the Elmo Christmas Special that was on TV, put out cookies for Santa, and got the kids ready for bed early!

The next morning, we woke up to the most beautiful snow!  I had no idea that it was supposed to snow so the surprise made it even better!  The kids were wide-awake, not a grump in sight!  We enjoyed the morning, had a great dinner at my mom's!  I was especially surprised when my mom (who, mind you, had already given us all of our presents) handed over a brand new mac power book for me when we got to her house!  That (and the new iPhone) are keeping me very busy.  They're the coolest inventions EVER!

No comments: