Thursday, January 17, 2008

Getting the house together feels sooo good!

I'm loving my living room these days!  After a disaster with a leather couch that didn't fit and has now been put into the basement, Dave and I picked out another couch for the living room.  Our old one was done.  It had tears, spills, stains, you name it.

We looked and looked for the right one.  When we found this one, it had really ugly sage green paisley pillows on it (in addition to the big brown ones).  It looked quite formal and icky.  So....  I used whatever creative instinct I could muster up and found some other decorative pillows to put on it.  Once I did that, we LOVED the look.  (Well, I loved it.  Dave may not have had the same passion that I did.)  Anyway, the look of the pillows matched us and really made the couch.

Dave was a little worried about the size of the ottoman and the size of the coffee table, but I think it works and I absolutely adore it!

We also bought a couple of bookcases for the guest room.  I have now moved the books out of my office and into that room.  

Here are pics...  


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next stop - my office!!!

1 comment:

Rach said...

i love those pillows!